Thursday, June 9, 2011

Holes in My Clothes...and in Joel Olsteen's.

Oh yes, friends, it happens to the best of us...even Joel Olsteen. Oh yes. Joel Olsteen. Perfectly creepy, bleached teeth, crazy-eyed, "everything is going to be okay" Joel Olsteen.

My pajama pants have 5 holes in them. Like right now, because I'm counting them as I sit here...and that's ok.

Holes magically appear in our favorite clothing. Sometimes we know why and sometimes we don't. Sometimes we continue to wear the "holy" or "holey" (or if "holie" if you want...) items because we just can't tear ourselves away from the memories in that particular jacket, shirt, jeans, or pajama pants.

I have a few pieces from college that I just can't get rid of...

My Epsilon Sigma hooded sweatshirt- 
I cannot tell you how many nights I would throw on this hoodie and go out to walk, go for a drive or go to someone else's dorm to hang out. This hoodie even still smells like college to me. Yes, I do wash it...but the lovely memories remain. I would wear this to EpSig meetings, BSU meetings, and ResLife meetings. Good grief, I love this thing. If it was summer and I felt just the lightest chill, BAM, that sucker was on me like you would not believe! I would wear this thing on top of dresses. That's how addicted I was. Sad? No. AWESOME.


My green zip-up hoodie with the polka-dots-
Like the Epsilon Sigma hoodie, seeing me without this on was uncommon. Best zip-up hoodie ever.
My fondest memory of wearing this was my senior year about 2 or 3 weeks before graduation and I was out with (Shout-Out time!) CatieLane, Suzanne Gonzalez, Meghan Holder and Lindsay Smollar. It was basically all of us walking around the campus doing incredibly goofy things. Definitely one of the best nights of my life.
n175400514_30324264_7595.jpg

n175400514_30324265_7873.jpg


My blue skirt with the white/yellow/green pattern at the bottom- 
I considered this a church skirt, a work skirt, a casual dress skirt, a fancy dress skirt (when ironed), and an all-around awesome thing to put on for any occasion. I bought it at Old Navy in 2005. And it's 2011. The only thing that's changed is my weight. So if I wear it up past my bellybutton, it still fits...
n175400514_30324277_1234.jpg 

So I basically wrote this because I noticed that the holes in my pajama pants were getting bigger. 

Odd? 

Not so much, if you know me.

I know this was a super weird post, but, per request of my friends Patricia and Joe and my husband, I'm opening up the comments. 

So let me know, what clothes are you holding on to? 

3 comments:

  1. I still have a Florida Gators sweatshirt that I stole from a guy in college. And I still have a t-shirt from my senior year in high school. It was our football state champs t-shirt. It has holes and paint all over it. But I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Shout out! I Knew exactly which night you were describing before you even finished describing it! That was a great night and one of my all time favorite in college! I loved your skirt! I can't believe I never told you. Can I also say that it makes me so sad to get holes in my pants. I hate shopping for new pants! Jeans especially ugh! Glad you share my frustration! Ohhhhhhhhhh btw. I still have your GA hoodie I borrowed one of those times I stayed in your room late at night watching Jane Eyre. I think it's probably Brent's too. It's in my closet, ready to come home to you. I may continue to hold it ransom. That way I know I'll GET to see you at some point to return it. Sorry this comment is sooo long, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this post?!?!?!?
    I love the shoutout. What a great night!
    Also, my "New Year New Shirt New Man" shirt finally bit the dust. Gaping holes in both armpits pretty much rendered it useless. Except for sleeping.

    ReplyDelete